Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help identifying a tropical shrub

Posted by jenay Zone 8/9 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 22:50

I originally purchased the shrub at Home Depot. It has small heart shaped dark green leaves on thin, dark brown stems - flowers are upright bell shaped - blue/purple with a yellow throat. Since I've moved, I can not find another shrub like this or even know the name. It was very pretty. About 3' tall bushy to about 3' as well. It grew well in light shade and was perenial. Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it.

Jenay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help identifying a tropical shrub

If you would, perhaps, share which state you were growing this in it would narrow down the options for those of us thinking 'Hmm. Maybe... Or... But where???'

And could you tell us when it flowered? Spring to fall? Just one season? A little most months?

Did it have a scent? What was that scent similar to, in your experience?

Was it popular with hummers or butterflies at all? Or was it too shady for them?

If you still have contact with neighbours from your old place, or even the people who followed you - could you get a photo for posting on the 'Name That Plant' forum?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here