Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debil_gw

Japanese Knotweed

debil
17 years ago

We've been in ourhouse for 12 years now. Our neighbor has an eight foot privacy fence seperating our yards. Growing over the fence is what I think is Japanese Knotweed. It has become very invasive on our side of the fence. I have never once seen her come over to do any kind of maintenance on the fence which the slates are now loosening and falling apart do to this knotweed coming over. I am continuously pulling this stuff out of my gardens with roots looking like a two foot long turnip. At the end of our driveway is the end of the fence where the stuff is growing like crazy and we cant see to back out of our driveway.I finally went out this morning and cut a bunch of it back. Is their any particular rules here in pgh. regarding her fence and how this knotweed is invading my yard? Tomorrow I plan on gathering what I've cut and throwing down a layer of rock salt around the fence. I cant do it today because I've spent two hours with my arms up in the air using a hedgeclipper to cut this crap down! Plus I have to work still today(waitress)!I'd like to throw al the cuttings back over the fence but I don't want to fight with my neighbor..any ideas??

Comments (3)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals