Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicolemb311

can any1 help me save my dying pothos plant???

nicolemb311
17 years ago

Somethings wrong w/my pothos plant... I need some help!!! This was my first plant, So I dont want it to die, & dont know much about plants or nething, Its a HUGE plant. A while back, I think in February i got mealy Bugs, I dont have any other plants or nething so Im unsure where they came from. I went to a Plant store & got some chemical to kill them, i then sprayed it again in 10 days, & then wiped down the stems with qtips to get rid of the dead bugs. I know I did alot of things wrong, I had it in direct sunlight, now i know a big no-no!! for pothos! & i neglected it. A month or so went by & i sprayed it again with the chemical. I hadnt noticed any bugs for awhile. Im going in the air force & moved out of my apt. 4/29. & im giving the plant to my aunt to take care of while im gone (who has other plants) before i moved out of my apt. I noticed the BUGS ARE BACK!! i went back to the plant store, & the lady there said to spray it with chemical, then 2 days later take it out of the pot power-wash it w/a hose to get rid of the bugs & spray out the roots & then repot it. so i did all that & sprayed it again w/chemical & repotted it, It looked real good, i did all that saturday 4/29, now almost a week later 5/4 it looks so dead!! almost in a state of shock, & very britle. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!

Comments (2)