Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sovi_gw

Very tiny brown ant like insects...What should I do?

Sovi
9 years ago

Hi,

I am very new to gardening and have planted couple of plants. Tomatoes/Peppers/Aloe vera in container. All these three were got as seedlings and they were growing indoor. 3 weeks back I set them outside (after hardening them for about 5 days)

Week back when weather was cold I put my container in the garage with south facing window. I observed some small brown insects in tomato plant..just like 10 or so...I quickly put the container seperate and sprayed cayenner pepper+dishsoap+water solution...and I see it has solved the issue for tomato. I never observed this in any other plant. After few days my aloe starts drying and almost dying...so brown and lifeless looking.

When I removed my aloe,(I am airing it out like I read in the forum) i observed lot of very tiny insects moving in the soil that had the Aloe... Lots of them .....They are brown tiny, dont seem like flying...Am not exactly sure if its the same thing I saw in my tomato plant :(

Now can anyone pls tell me what these are and how do I take care. Should I discard all these soil somewhere so they wont spread...

Pls help !

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022