Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roundup on bricks dangerous for other parts of yard?

Posted by fierce_flawless 8 texas (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 21:42

I bought some roundup last year and never used it, because I don't like chemical stuff and I'm kind of afraid, however, I have 3 brick walks on my property that are becoming covered in errant grass and weeds and I really want to clean them up.

I am concerned about using the RU because I plan to do other planting in my yard (jasmine for ground cover, flower beds, a vegetable garden) but if I use the RU only on the bricks will it "spread" to the soil nearby and hurt other things?

Also, I have cats. Dogs too but they are inside mostly. Do I abandon all RU plans or is it safe if I keep the animals off the area until it's dry/absorbed/whatever?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roundup on bricks dangerous for other parts of yard?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 08 at 23:33

Roundup is inactivated by soil contact.

o

Quote:
Roundup on bricks dangerous for other parts of yard?

Posted by fierce_flawless

No.

o

Go ahead and use it - just make sure you don't spray the lawn or anything else you don't want killed. Round Up is an equal opportunity destroyer and does not discriminate between beloved plants and hated weeds. You really needn't be afraid of it - if you think about it, half the people on these forums wouldn't be here if RU was that deadly!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here