Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lupine

Posted by toolstack Washington (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 0:53

Hello I usually post on the hot pepper forum but my girlfriend bought several lupine plants and after planting are not doing well. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Randal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lupine

What does "not doing well" mean? Limp and wilty? Brown and dying? When were they planted? Anything very recent could well be suffering from some transplant shock. How often are these guys getting watered?

o

2 times a week on the water and we planted 2 weeks ago and their wilted and droopy and the blooms fell off.
Thanks
Randal

o

That looks like extremely sandy and therefore fast draining soil so watering maybe an issue. And planting at this time of year can be a stressor on flowering plants even in the PNW. Water slowly but deeply a bit more often maybe every other day unless good rains expected. And you can cut back any limp/brown/dead foliage and old flower stalks as well. Lupines will push out new foliage when cut back, even late into the season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here