Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roundup Extended control by mistake

Posted by reyetwinger (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 11:58

Hi all. I am new to gardening and accidentally used Roundup Extended Control to spray the weeds around my shrubs. The beds are covered with pine straw so most of it settled on that. The house is new, and so are the shrubs...about 3 months old. Should I expect this to wash down into the soil and kill everything? I'm really upset about making this mistake. I spot sprayed the weeds. Also if a little got on a leaf or two of the shrub will the whole shrub die? I was also thinking of sodding over an area that I spot sprayed, is this not possible for 4 months? I guess I'm just wondering if the ground is contaminated even though it's covered in pine straw. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roundup Extended control by mistake

I haven't used the extended control, but my understanding of Roundup is that you have to spray it on the foliage of the plants you want killed. The plants need to be actively growing for it to be it's most effective. There is a pre-emergent added to the extended control, and it should only stop seeds from sprouting. I'd think as long as you weren't trying to grow seeds, you'd be fine. The labeling should tell you..

o

Thanks, I have my fingers crossed.....

o

They have a live chat person at Products Roundup® 101 Help Center

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here