Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earth Box

Posted by Fiesta (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 05 at 14:38

Has anyone ever used an "Earth Box?" I just received an advertisement for it, and it seems intriguing. Any testimonials, good, bad, or otherwise?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earth Box

I have 3 of them and I use 1 for tomatoes while the other 2 for sweet corns. So far so good. The corns leaves are growing beautifully. The toms have set fruit and they're clean, pest and desease free (one advantage of growing veggies off the ground). I only needed to fill the water reservoir once a week when they were small but now that they've grown I do it every other day or even every morning depending on how hot it gets. Hope that helps.

o

They are great, but rather spendy. Of course, they last forever. If you check out the Container Gardening forum, you will find instructions on making your own. I haven't done it, but it seems quite do-able.

o

Thank you Popsicle Toes and Phyllis. I didn't even see the "Container Gardening" forum! I got a lot of good information from there. I wish you all the best with your crops. I guess it's too late for me to plant this year, but I'm going to container garden next year, for sure!
Fiesta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here