Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do with this front yard

Posted by brittneymorgan Georgia (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 14:42

We just purchased! We've done all of the yard work in this picture, it was AWFUL before but I would love to get opinions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do with this front yard

You might want to post this in the Landscape Design forum as the topic is quite a bit broader in scope that this forum usually addresses.

And as a practicing landscape designer, I would suggest that you might want to consider hiring some professional help. New to home ownership and new to gardening is a lot on your plate already without adding landscape design to the process as well. And the investment pays for itself in terms of reducing the trial and error expense of rookie mistakes :-))

o
RE: What would you do with this front yard

I mean wow, what a question. If it were me, I'd put flowering bushes rather than shrubs under the windows, and just add some curb appeal flowers on either sides of the walking path in a flower bed that extends the length on both sides. Other than that, it's all personal preference. If this were MY dream home, there would be a Nice leafy large tree in there somewhere. I like the feel of walking under a tree, and I like the look they give.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here