Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pufftrinket

Can't wait for 5 am!

pufftrinket
18 years ago

Anyone else out there having the same NEW feeling of loving the mornings? I was always a "sleep as late as I can" person- Now I can't wait for morning!

Comments (5)

• Garden_Momma
    18 years ago

I'm usually out as soon as the daylight permits, to check what kind of greetings await in the garden(s). With this hot weather doors are open for the fresh morning breeze and GW is on!!! At this moment there is a downpour with some lightning. Well, my babies should be taken care by mother nature today. Love it...
    G_M

• booberry85
    18 years ago

I'm usually out there sometime between 6 and 6:30 am in my jammies with coffee in hand checking on the garden.

• Ina Plassa_travis
    18 years ago

:) couldn't live without it- at this point, literally.

my dad's been hospitalized since mother's day, and was trached after three weeks on the respirator (the friday before father's day)

5:30 in the morning is about the only time I have to myself, and if I didn't get that recharge from watching the morning glories open, I don't know how I'd cope.

being able to bring dad tiger lilies (the indian princess in Peter Pan was names Tiger Lily, and it's one of his pet names for me) from my own garden helps me feel like I'm HELPING him heal.

walking through the too-tall grass and seeing how my cukes are doing (the first time I've ever tried growing them) helps heal me.

• socks
    18 years ago

I got in the habit of enjoying early mornings when my kids were little. It gave me some time alone to drink coffee, read the paper, and then I did a better job mothering the kids because I felt I'd had some time to myself.

I love this time of day, even when it is dark. No traffic, quiet, cool. Sometimes I see a lovely sunrise or in the winter, the moon or a constellation when I go to get the paper. It's my kind of "church."

• dainaadele
    18 years ago

Ditto, the air almost feels soft.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?