Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindsaybev

woo-hoo! i'm new , too.

lindsaybev
9 years ago

This is my first garden and I have learned so very much this summer...USDA zones, seasonal differences, soil amendments for red clay (which I found is also fairly nutritious!), irrigation issues and enhancements, vegetable timetables and their own nutritional needs, watering schedules, flowers and vines (Clematis!--got 4!)...I've plowed, shoveled, planted and uprooted and re-planted in 100-degree, zone-9 heat and have been able to feed my husband two radishes! Ha! A lot of work, I'll tell you.

My newest initiation trial begins now with pest abatement! I had so many watermelon seedlings sprout that I gave half the neighborhood two plants each, and last night something ATE ALL OF MY REMAINING PLANTS TO THE GROUND!!! I cried. I'm not kidding. I saw watermelons at the store for $5.99 and was feeling so smug...ahh, the pride before the fall...

I look forward to sharing ideas and stories with everyone. Here's to hoping the sun continues to shine always in our hearts, if not always in our gardens!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations