Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post Pictures

Posted by vdixit (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 05 at 13:55

Hi,
How do I post pictures on this or other forums? I am trying to paste the picture but doesnt seem to work.
Thanks,
Vaishali

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post Pictures

• Posted by Lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 05 at 14:02

OIn a forum with a "gallery" and uploading capabilities, you can just post the site on your own hard drive and it will do the rest....provided the file is not too large.
Or you can upload your pictures to a hosting site....either your own web page or a site like photobucket and then just copy and paste the "tab" line into the body of your message.....or the URL at the bottom of your message where it says URL link.
Linda C

o

If you want to post a picture along with your message, you can do as Linda above says--join Photobucket (free) and put your pics on their website. Then copy the "tag" line which will be below each picture at Photobucket, and paste it into your message box. When you go to preview/submit message for your message, your picture should be there along with whatever words you typed.

There is a forum called Test which you can go to for practice and help.

One thing I'm not sure how to fix is when the photo is too big, but at least the above is a start for you.

o
RE: Post Pictures??

• Posted by Lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 05 at 18:17

Use your photo editing sofrware to resize the picture....or up load to photobucket and it will do it for you...
Or if it's not too big....email the picture to your self and make it smaller....then save it again and post....if you don't know how to use you photo editing stuff.
Linda C

o

Great thanks, I will try out your suggestions in the test forum.
Vaishali

o

A very simple way is to use tinypic.com. You do not store pictures there, but can use it to "host" a picture from your storage place. It's very simple.....just go to the link, choose "browse" and click on whatever picture you want. Then tell it to host it, and it will tell you when it has done so. Then just highlight the second line, tell it to copy, and then paste it back here. It doesn't store it, but just does this one thing!

Here is a link that might be useful: try this

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here