Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diana846

Flemish Antique Peony Poppies

Diana846
11 years ago

I am growing Flemish Antique Peony Poppies for the first time and I am in love with them! I was wondering if anyone knew about how long they bloom?

Thanks for any help...

Comments (2)

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    11 years ago

Depending on how many flower buds they sport, they should be in bloom about 3 weeks but the fewer the buds, the shorter the bloom season. If you leave them in place and allow them to reseed, they will produce next year and the development of the various plants will be staggered - that should extend your bloom season to some degree.

If planting from seed I often suggest succession planting over a period of weeks in early spring. This will achieve the same sort of results as allowing them to self-seed - you'll get a range of development in the various plants with the first planted the first to bloom.

• Diana846
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere. I even contacted the company I bought the seed from and they said they would have to find that information and get back to me. I'm new to planting flowers and placed these wrong so I am not letting them go to seed but I think the succession planting sounds perfect for their new home next year. Thanks again!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County