Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flemish Antique Peony Poppies

Posted by Diana846 Oregon (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 16:12

I am growing Flemish Antique Peony Poppies for the first time and I am in love with them! I was wondering if anyone knew about how long they bloom?
Thanks for any help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flemish Antique Peony Poppies

Depending on how many flower buds they sport, they should be in bloom about 3 weeks but the fewer the buds, the shorter the bloom season. If you leave them in place and allow them to reseed, they will produce next year and the development of the various plants will be staggered - that should extend your bloom season to some degree.

If planting from seed I often suggest succession planting over a period of weeks in early spring. This will achieve the same sort of results as allowing them to self-seed - you'll get a range of development in the various plants with the first planted the first to bloom.

o
RE: Flemish Antique Peony Poppies

Thank you so much! I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere. I even contacted the company I bought the seed from and they said they would have to find that information and get back to me. I'm new to planting flowers and placed these wrong so I am not letting them go to seed but I think the succession planting sounds perfect for their new home next year. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here