Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matt_conner88

A Few Questions

Matt Conner
9 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm quite new to gardening and have a few questions that I am hoping you guys can answer for me. Firstly, I have read about "pinching" plants to grow bushier. Exactly how do you do that and when is the best time to do this to plants? Secondly, exactly what is moist soil? Is that where you just spray the plant with water in a spray bottle? Or, is it considered moist soil when you give the plant a good soaking and you have water draining through the drain holes? I am really having a hard time figuring some of this stuff out and I think that's why I am not being very successful this year with just about anything I am planting from seed into the ground. For example, I planted a moonflower seed about a month ago. I watered it almost nightly because it's facing the West and the afternoon sun dries out everything on that side quickly. Anyhow, it popped up in about 10 days or so and I continued watering almost nightly. Now it's about 3 or 4 inches tall and it looks mangled. Almost like it has been nibbled on. Would the hot sun do this? Am I watering it too much? I don't do anything else to it at all. Heck I don't even know what type of soil we have here lol. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022