Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenias

Posted by gardeningkelly 7 Tx (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 23:46

I deadheaded my gardenias and while they are very healthy looking? They ahave stopped blooming.. :( Any ideas?

Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenias

no- but there is a houseplant forum, and several of the ladies over there are successful at growing them- I'm sure they can help :)

o

Some only bloom in the spring. Some year 'round.

o

It really does depend on what variety you have. Is yours planted in the yard? I'm assuming yes. Then depending on the variety, and if you describe the bush and flower shape and size, (I probably can identify it) I'll give you some more information.

o

Perhaps you'll enjoy the thread of the question and responses about gardenias which took place some time ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenia Thread

o

My gardenias are radicans...They are only about 8 inches tall but are spreading just a little bit...the blooms are about 2 inches across when in full bloom...they smell wonderful! They are planted outside on either side of my steps and I can take a picture and email it to you if you like...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here