Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessied421

Aging Manure

JessieD421
9 years ago

We recently began construction on our new home and I know precisely where we want to put our veg garden for next year but I'd like to get a head
start on prepping the soil since we have so much time between now and when we actually live there/plant the garden. I have access to fresh manure and I've researched to find out it has to age at least 6 months so my question is this: Can I just dump the manure where we intend to have our garden next year and let it sit for the next 10+ months and do it's thing or should we till the area and then till the manure in and let it sit? I was thinking of adding it as a layer over the entire future garden area (so not just in a big pile) to avoid having to turn it. Will my plan work or should I be doing this differently? Would it benefit our future landscaping plans to add manure in those areas as soon as possible also? We get cold harsh winters here and I wasn't sure if this affected the aging process or not. I'm definitely a beginner. Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored