Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatoes and Peppers

Posted by Almille 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 19:42

I bought lemon drop, orange bell, hot banana, and garden salsa peppers, and pink pounder tomato plants back in May, but the deer got ahold of my plants and they had to grow back. I moved to a new area and new to gardening so i have many questions but my main one is if i don't have any veggies on my plants yet will they still be harvestable or are they not going actually bloom? I just started getting flower buds. The plants are very healthy. I haven't had a bug or nutrient deficiency just that deer ate them and they survived. I have been told by locals I have until the middle of october but i figured id search for answers from gardeners

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatoes and Peppers

I don't know where you are, or how long your growing season is, but your plants obviously lost time when the deer ate them, At this point, just keep your fingers crossed that there will be time enough for them to form fruit. I'd think that two months would be long enough, but I am not 100% sure.
You might get a better answer if you post your question in the forum for your state/region here on Gardenweb - people who garden near you would have a better idea of what you can expect. Just go to the main forum page and find the state you need.
Good luck!

o
RE: Tomatoes and Peppers

I am sorry to hear the deer ate your garden. You may see some great growth on some of your plants, maybe not all. The hot banana pepper and the tomato's still could bloom. My best advice is to make sure they get enough water and possibly a little fertilizer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here