Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddigger

Blue Potatoe Bush

maddigger
18 years ago

I'm not new to gardening but I could still use some assistance. I bought a Blue Potatoe Bush (Lycianthus rantonetii)at Wal-mart two years ago. It was a beautifull bush and bloomed almost all summer. My son clipped the bark with a weed eater and unfortunatly it died. I haven't found one since. Any one know who might sell them. I haven't seen any in the usual catalogs. Thanks in advance, Jim PS My son is banned from the yard if he is caring a weed eater.

Comments (7)

• username_5
    18 years ago

I have never done business with them, but this site says they have it available.

• greenfingers_ni
    18 years ago

Maddigger,
    Wish I could help, just wanted to sympathise with you! Do you think the ban should be extended to include ANYTHING sharp/with blades???

• maddigger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks user name 5, I'll try that site. I'll let you know what happens..
    Hey Green fingers, I appreciate the sympathy and I probably should ban my son if he's carrying any sharp object. Except sometimes he comes over to barbecue and has a steak knife. I may make an exception there! By the way, I love your country's scenery. I loved the movie,"Whale rider" What a cute actress also. Keep in touch, I would like to compare your gardening with what we do around here. I live in the Ozark mountains near the Missouri border in NW Arkansas. Take care and have a good week-end, Jim

• maddigger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi greenfingers, I just checked your page and noticed you now live in Wisc. I was born and raised in milwaukee, lived in Horicon, and the last place I lived in Wisc.was Eagle River. My wife and I both have many relatives up their in Wisc. Go Packers. Have a great day, Jim

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    18 years ago

Just as a suggestion, you might also try looking for this plant with its other name, which may be more commonly used. Solanum rantonetii. It might help....who knows? Good luck!

• maddigger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks Rizo

• btenor_cwnet_com
    17 years ago

I have seen on E-Bay that they sell the potatoe bush, but
    have never tried them. I am new to gardening and I bought
    a Blue Potaoe Tree (lycianthus rantonstu)at Wal-Mart in
    June of this year and it was beautiful, but now I am loosing
    all of the leaves. It has been hot and I keep it watered, but am afraid it is dying. Would someone have any suggestions for me? It gets some sun but not alot? I live
    in Red Bluff, CA (close to Redding, CA).

Sponsored
More Discussions