Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weeddummie

keeping weedy grass and others?

weeddummie
18 years ago

Dear garden webbers,

I have an large garden bed area where there is a tree in between. Now the area in between these are unfortunately overrun with weeds - but mostly grass clumps of a similar kind.

I thought that the grass weeds as a whole didn't look too bad when concentrated, and was wondering what experienced gardeners will think of me keeping the grassy effect in this 'controlled' area. They're currently still small and easy to pull out, but is it a good idea to keep unknown grass? What will I be getting myself into this way?

Being my first spring in this place, I noticed some other little plants sprouting in random places. For instance some forget me nots with tiny blue flowers. I am not sure whether to keep they're meant to be there even if they look nice where they are. I think they can be weedy, but I haven't seen any of them in the neighbourhood, so maybe it's something the previous owner had. What are your advice in things like this?

I guess we have to think differently when moving into an existing garden...when in doubt do you usually remove unknown plants and start over...or if you like it, keep it or even reposition it if needed? I suppose annuals can move around a bit? I have some self seeding ones too...how confusing %-)

Comments (3)