Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montgomery Wards Garden Tractors

Posted by
Dave Jackson Oregon
(MrEvil714qua@aol.com) on
Wed, Sep 21, 05 at 15:37

Ive been given this really neat 8 horse M Wards garden tractor but it is been sitting for a while and there are a few parts missing. I was wondering if anyone would know where i could find a parts manual, build sheet or repair manual. The model #ZYJ-1388A is on the front right engine pad and it is a pull start. I will check e-bay but I thought I would try you guys first . I got a good chuckle out of reading some of the other posts about garden tractors. I like the "give it to someone who can use it "
mentality. We should all recycle for our kids sake. Thanks for your help. They call me MrEvil.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montgomery Wards Garden Tractors

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 21, 05 at 18:20

I noticed you've already posted in "Lawn & Garden Tractors" where you're apt to get greater response than on this forum - but anything is possible, I guess. ;o) Good luck.

Al

o

I am Looking for a Hood
I have a 1971 Mward Model 33130 c

o

I need Information on a 18hp wards tractor Model Tmo 30000A/0301h1 thanks

o

Hi, I have an older Montgomery Ward garden tractor, 16HP single Briggs with 42" 3-blade deck. Model CH 33182A. I can't figure out how to drop the deck to replace the blade belt. Any ideas on how to do this or how to find an on-line manual on this tractor?

Thanks for any help here.

o

I ALSO HAVE 16 HP HYDRO MONTGOMERY WARDS GARDEN TRACTOR WITH A 42 INCH DECK AND I'M NEEDING THE CENTER QUILL FOR THE DECK AND IT IS A REAR DISCHARGE (BLACK IN COLOR MY MODEL NUMBER IS RUBED OFF AND I CAN FIND THE P/N. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO.
THANKS

o

I too have an older Montgomery Ward Tractor which was my father's and he bought it new.
This tractor is a model GIL33160A with a 16 hp with hydro and 48 inch mower.
The way I remove the mower is to first disconnect the drive belt, then the linkage from the lift and remove the link.
I then pull the large pin from the front which supports the mower.
I then place a short 2x4 in back of the front wheel with a short 4x4 in back of that.
I then back the tractor over the mower, thereby leaving the mower free of the tractor.
I hope this has been of help.
feel free to e-mail me at freemancw@yahoo.com

o

I have Montgomery Wards GIL 33183A riding mower. The drive belt to the mower keeps jumping off the pulley system. Any suggestions on this problem?

o

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy this lawn tractor.. Its in great shape and runs good..... the seller wants 200 dollars. Is it worth it? Its a 18 HP twin 48 Inch deck..MTD montgomery ward.

o

looking for a 8-tooth # 41 sprocket for wards 8 hp tractor. part # 748-0852. thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here