Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loginname4434

broken branch

loginname4434
9 years ago

When my grandma bought the house I live in for my parents, it came with a small little tree that has now grown into a pretty big one over the last 20 years. during this summer it had already been looking sick with its bark pulling off but last night the two largest and healthiest branches have broken because of the unexpected snowstorm in Calgary (in September!!! none of the leaves have fallen from the tree and we already get snow). the broken branch near the top of the tree doesn't seem to be safe to fix but there is one near the bottom that seems to be able to reattach. the only thing is i don't know how or whether it is safe to do so. the branch is about 3 and a third meters long and 20 cm thick near the middle.

if you have any instructions or materials for fixing it please reply. this tree has a lot of sentimental value to us and we would be devastated if it dies.

Comment (1)

• lisanti07028
    9 years ago

Please take a couple of pictures of the tree and post them on the Trees forum here on GardenWeb - you will get knowledgeable advice there.