Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcmann_gw

Magnolia - Bracken Brown Beauty

mcmann
17 years ago

Last Nov. 2005 my landscaper planted two field grown 8-10' tall Bracken Brown Beauty magnolias. I have since learned that Nov. was really too late to plant. It's a year later and they are still alive. They've grown about a foot and bloomed fairly well this summer. They did drop a large number of leaves this spring and early summer.

However I am more concerned with the color of the leaves - the underside is brown, which is appropiate. But the green on the top is two tone - nearly every leaf is half dark green and half a more yellow green. When the leaves were dropping this summer, they started out all green, then started to yellow and then they dropped off. The only leaves that are completely green are the newest ones at the end of the branch.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? I also have three D.D. Blanchard that were planted at the same time and they seem to be much healthier. The landscaper gave us a one year warranty but I know he's going to say that there's nothing wrong with them. So I'm trying to gather all the information I can before calling him.

Thanks everyone.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!