Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamimo_gw

Duh!

mamimo
18 years ago

Now this has gotta be a mistake exclusive to newbies! I have been agonizing for a while on what to plant in a particular spot in the backyard. After many weeks of reading books, browsing catalogues, I finally decided to go with a red twig dogwood. I spent much time looking for one and finally got a little one just now. Then I happily park the car in the garage and headed out to plant my new baby. But hey! This little guy suddenly looked VERY familiar. Wait a second, isn't it the same plant as those flanking my garage door?

DUH! So I have 2 red twig dogwoods by my garage all this while (put in by builder) and I didn't even realize that! And to think I was trying to id those plants earlier this year without any success. Now I know what they are and how big they can get, I guess I'll have to dig those 2 by the garage out and find a new home for them.

On the other hand, I did get a good buy while getting my dogwood. They had a stack of 15-20 heavy duty tomato cages that are a little stuck together. The manager of the garden center said they didn't want to spend time untangling it and that I can have the whole stack for a quarter :-) Guess I'm growing tomatoes next year!

Comments (3)