renitac

biology

renitac
18 years ago

Which houseplants have heavy sap content

Comments (9)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    18 years ago

The more herbaceous (less woody) they are, the greater the comparative volume of sap. It also varies with a number of factors - time of year, light conditions, temperature, plant health, etc. Though it's not something you could measure at home, time of day also impacts sap volume in most plants.

Al

18 years ago

I suppose I could have mentioned that succulents are generally pretty sappy.

Al

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    18 years ago

OK.......You've GOT to tell us the reason you've asked this question.

18 years ago

Wanna bet? ;o)

• username_5
    18 years ago

Doh! Another hit and run?!?!

18 years ago

Another Science Fair project. I wish the teachers would give these kids a little bit more guidance on these things. If you've ever helped judge one of these science fairs (and I highly recommend it), you realize that many of the kids finish up with absolutely no idea of what their experiment was about.

I'm not saying that this is the issue with this child, not at all. Just in general. I don't feel bad about giving the kids and parents a tiny 'push-start'. It helps get them started in the right direction and allows them to really learn something.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to call my area middle and high schools to see if I can help the teachers get their kids off to a good start with their biology and botany experiments. That sounds like fun, right?

18 years ago

... the patience of a saint. ;o)

Al

• meldy_nva
    18 years ago

... not to mention that Dorie must have the endurance of granite and a heart of gold.

18 years ago

Awright already! Trust me, I don't merit any such compliments. I've just always enjoyed working with kids, probably because I've never had my own little convicts. It also keeps me out of trouble when work slows down. So you see, my intentions are purely selfish.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH