Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pudgy_gw

First Graden Sept 28th, now seeing veggies :)

Pudgy
18 years ago

Well, to anyone that is as loopy as me, you have to wonder did my Sept 28th planting make it so far. Yes, I have all but 1 of my species planted back then growing like crazy now. The weather has been a great help, but so was good compost (aged for 2 months after it stopped), and some planning. The entire 9' x 14' x 5.5" raised bed took about 50 bucks to make, about 9 hours to construct by hand (no power tools, cuting with dull saw too :O) which is another long story). If I can do it (I'm a geek software dork), anyone can. I never have done this before, and enjoy it greatly. I also put together a compost pile, cubic yard of the stuff from neighbors clippings. I have since had to turn and add 3 more times to it, as the volume once it breaks down (and it will quickly with enough water and O2, as well as materials, 3 parts to 1 of carbon and greens). Seriously, its a hoot, and the plants just love compost and grow grow grow. Get your feet wet, your hands dirty, and your mind off work like I did, and you be enjoying the fruits and veggies of your labor before long.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm