Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pampas Grass

Posted by
Ali Harvey
(aliharvey151@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Nov 17, 06 at 18:58

I want to plant pampas grass in groupings around our pond, how far apart should I space each plant? Thank you.

Ali Harvey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pampas Grass

True pampas grass, Cortaderia selloana, gets to be a big plant in a pretty short time in climates where it is hardy. I wouldn't plant them any closer than 3' and 4' apart would be better to develop and appreciate their arching form. They have extremely sharp edges as well, so make sure they are far enough away from walkways or any type of pedestrian activity.

o

I live in Las Vegas Nevada...recently moved into new home....am landscaping my backyard which is small 16 by 25 FT. My landscaper gave me two choices for the tree I want in a corner of the yard....the bottle tree or a flowering plum....I need a tree whose roots want spread out but that will grow straight up....are there any other options...I didn't much like either one of those choices.???

o

marilla - what does your question have to do with pampas grass? You should be posting this as a new thread.

And have you conveyed your concerns to your landscaper - he/she will be more familiar with your requirements and what might fit best and work well in your climate. That's what you are paying them for!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here