Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caperniusr

killing weeds

CAPERNIUS
9 years ago

I read what one member does to kill weeds around her home
(boiling water) & I have no problem with that....I would just like to add that my approach is different.

I have 2 different things I use, both of which are natural, NOT man made of chemical (I highly dislike both).

Depending on the weed, I will pull out what I can, & place in a trash can to be incinerated later(yes I have an incinerator I built for just this purpose); after I have pulled out what I can, I will douse what is left with vinegar....or plunge a salt pellet into the soil directly on top of, or next to, the offending weed.

Usually, the end result is such that the weed is nothing more than a bad memory.

Can anyone do this as I do? They can if they so choose...
I'm not saying this is the BEST way, I'm only saying that this is my way.

Some of the weeds I find, I will transplant to pots and/or other areas for the weed has either a medicinal value or a food value, or sometimes even both.

Case in point: Dandelions. They can be used for food(leaves in salads); the flowers have medicinal value & they can also be made into wine...or so I am told; I do not partake in any type of cocktails. I just have no desire to drink...never have.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus