Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danny_wullve

Hey guys.. i need help with strawberries

danny.wullve
9 years ago

Okay so I'm fairly new to growing strawberries. Where I live..it's a desert climate but from october to march..the temperatures are between 16 to 28 degrees. I managed to obtain a couple strawberry plants from the nurseries here..they had no idea what variety they were. I am planning to grow them indoors..using metal halide and sodium lights. 400 watts to be exact. For now they are under a full spectrum t5..and this is what they look like. I transplanted them to a bigger pot. My soil mix has a bit of potting soil..coco peat and perlite. I have four plants..one of which i rinsed its roots before transplanting and three of which i only shook off the remaining soil. The washed one isnt doing so well and i think is undergoing transplant shock. Im having issues with the leaves and some of the roots of my other strawberry plants. I trimmed all of their roots and all their leaves because they were brown. No new growth has occurred. Im sure they are alive because the stems are still green. Some new leaves come out brown...What should i do. Do you think i should fertilise them or will this make it worse?

Comment (1)