Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for local traders - somerset county

Posted by rustygatefarm z6 NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 05 at 11:07

Hi - I am new to the forum and am looking for local traders. I live in Liberty Corner(near Somerville/Warren) and I am most interested in perennials that you have found to be deer resistant.
I bought a feverfew plant from the local garden club plant sale because the club member labeled it as deer-resistant and so far so good. It is a delightful plant besides!
I enjoyed reading about everyone's feelings about NJBG. I too mourn it's passing. Certainly was a curious, but wonderous place. Although I never bought any diseased plants there (as some have said) I did by some things that I later found to be noxious weeds - like the beautiful orange hawkweed - which seems like it has the ability to take over the world! I'm very careful with that one! Happy gardening all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for local traders - somerset county

I have Clerodendron bungei and Illicium floridanum. They're for pickup in Burlington County,if you want them (about 1.5 hours from you).

o

The deer here will eat just about anything, one even ate one of our salvia if you can believe it.

o

Hi Janet,

I'm just happy to see a "local" trader (local as in, within a 30 minute drive from me)! And it seems we have a lot in common, we're both seeking deer-resistant plants! I don't have anything deer resistant to trade right now (getting rid of my non-deer resistant plants at the moment), but maybe we'll be able to organize a "off-route-78 swap" in the fall for people in our area (gardenweb members loris & JoyfulGardener are closeby I believe).

o

I live in the area. Have a feeling it may be a little hard for me to schedule things this fall, but Im definitely interested.

-- Lori

o

Hi,

I live in the area too, Basking Ridge. I have lots of mint if anybody interested. I have also propagated some jasmin in the basement, which should be ready in a couple weeks or so.

o

Hi
I live in Hunterdon County. Our property is a deer path. Haven't had much trouble since I've been spraying egg & water mixture. It's always a battle.
I am dividing my Dutch irises-purple, if you're interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from New Jersey are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here