Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_nj

WANTED: Fall Swap

steve_nj
18 years ago

I'm planning to host a fall plant swap/potluck and garden visit at my place in Western Burlington County. I was thinking Saturday October 1st from 10 AM until late in the day. Time and interest permitting, we can also visit a few nearby public plantings which include hardy and semi-hardy palms.

Comments (14)

• Annie_nj
    18 years ago

Hi Steve

You can count me in. Although I would prefer a date in Sept. The weather is pleasant, but I'm not thinking of winter yet! Hopefully we will have a nice swap again. 10am is perfect for me. Chip had a great time visiting, and has told everyone about your wonderful garden. See you in the fall.

Annie

• rose_anne
    18 years ago

Either Sept. or Oct. work for me.

Rose Anne

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

You're a little far but I may try to make this one.

• drewk
    18 years ago

Fall swap sounds great. I'll try to get some tradeables potted up in a month or so.
    But just to see your garden would be worth the trip. The hardy begonias are coming on, that odd impatients is finally settling in and getting new leaves, and almost everything else from the spring swap is thriving.

• ellenh
    18 years ago

I highly recommend coming to Steve's swap even if it's only to see his gardens. I got to visit his gardens recently and they were amazing! I can't believe that it's just him & his wife taking care of it! I can only hope that someday my gardens can even look half as nice.

Ellen

• Annie_nj
    18 years ago

Hi Steve

Is October 1st still the date?

Thanks

Annie

• steve_nj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's still on for October 1st. I've been propagating and the garden has done well this year.I'm looking forward to it!

• birdgardner
    18 years ago

I hope to make it as well - really enjoyed it last year - but I don't think I want to take as much home this time!

Lisa

• loris
    18 years ago

I think I'll be able to make it. (I hope so!) Should know better as the date gets closer.

Lori

• Annie_nj
    18 years ago

Please look at my trade list and let me know if anyone wants to pre-arrange a specific swap.

I have common perennials for which I do not need a trade, but will gladly bring them if someone wants them:
    black-eye-susan
    perennial ageratum
    cone flower
    coral bells
    sedum (spring and autumn types)
    bugle weed
    ditch lilies
    perennial (false) sunflower (fast spreader)

I also have all sizes of nursery pots I can bring if anyone wants them. PLMK how many and what sizes.

I already have bamboo for Ellen and coral bells for Rose Anne.

Steve - I am assuming we are doing our normal free-for-all grab style swap. What time are you planning to eat and then have the swap?

Thanks - Annie

• steve_nj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I was planning on starting at 10 AM or a little earlier. After walking through the garden, We'll eat at noon and have an informal swap in the afternoon. Time permitting, we can visit a few nearby public plantings in town which include cold tolerant palms.

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

Rats, I have a surprise party that day now.

• stephenNJ
    18 years ago

Darn I have plans as well.I will have to miss this one and it sounds good. Steve some of those plants you gave me at the summer swap have done very nicely. thanks!
    -stephen

• sugar_magnolia
    18 years ago

Hi Steve -- I am new to the forum and just began gardening last year -- but I've put in tons of plantings. I'd be interested in attending your swap. I don't know where it is or how a swap is conducted so maybe you can fill me in? Thanks, cherylfb@optonline.net

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!