Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_ski

Help, its January and my Daffodils have started to come up!!

mrs_ski
19 years ago

Last year they started to come up in Mid Feb. and they were fine...

This past week we have had some unseasonably warm weather (in the 60s!)

Im concerned because its supposed to get down to the 30s and high 20s the the next week or so. Is this going to Kill my daffodils?? What if it gets colder?

Please, im kinda upset, i was looking forward to my spring blossoms (just in time for easter last year) but not NOW! i dont want them to die, Is there anything i can do? will they be ok?

Thank you in advance, im still pretty new at all of this!

Comments (7)

• Loretta NJ Z6
    19 years ago

Don't worry, they will be fine, even if the tips get nipped. I have some bulbs peeking up now as well as I do every year.

• ellenh
    19 years ago

I agree with Loretta, it's happened to me before and they bloomed just fine.

Ellen

• steve_nj
    19 years ago

I have flower buds on an early daff. They should be fine, though.

• stephenNJ
    19 years ago

I have seen plenty of Daffs shooting up around the Rutgers University Campus as well.Winter is half-way over!
    -stephen

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    19 years ago

They look so cute peeking out from the snow!!! Don't worry, in warmer winters I've had leaves as early as December. They are very tough.

• newbirdman
    19 years ago

They wont be affected by the cold , in fact last year mine bloomed and then it snow and they were still okay when the snow melted . Rick

• Just1LittlePosey
    19 years ago

That's the beauty of the daffodils: their tips peeking out remind us of the show to come after the long winter. And don't worry -- they know what to do!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES