Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need pool info....please help!!!

Posted by dandee1124 NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 21:34

I am planning (better yet, would love to) put a fiberglass pool in my backyard this Summer. I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to do this. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need pool info....please help!!!

I am assuming you mean one of the prefab ponds.
Hmmm. Tough question. How big the pool, where will you buy it, what do you want to put in it? How about landscaping around it? Will you do it yourself or hire someone to install.
The pool/pond prices vary greatly by size and source. Sometimes you can get good deals at the end of the season. Pumps are expensive, $30.00 for a smaller one, but should last for years. You can make a small, attractive pool without a pump, but the sound of moving water, plus the extra oxygen/circulation, make them a good purchase. I advise goldfish over koi etc., esp. for a small pond. Keep it understock and underfed and your water will stay clear. Overstocking and overfeeding cause problems. I pick my goldfish out of the feeder fish tank in a pet shop, you can pick some pretty ones out of the multitudes.
I would advise getting as large of a pond/pool as you can afford and fits your space. The larger the water volume the better buffered the pond is agains mistakes, fluxuations in water temperature and chemistry, etc.

o
RE: i need pool info....please help!!!

Get a Viking pool. It is perfect for freeze thaw climates like in NJ. You get a lifetime warranty with the pool, I got mine from Pool Designs Inc in Yardville NJ. They are great and easy to work with, i suggest you look into that. Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here