Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When can I put my lettuce out under hoops?

Posted by robwas Central NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 10:08

I was hoping for some advice on putting out some lettuce I started indoors early. Right now I have about 20 lettuce plants growing indoors of various sizes. They are cold hardy varieties like romaine and winter density lettuces. Some are smaller, some are getting quite large, in fact I keep a video journal at www.youtube.com/robwasnj My question to the forum is how long do I need to harden these off and then how early can I put them out in the garden under my hoop tunnels? I wouldn't be heartbroken taking a chance and losing some plants since I've been planting them every week or so but at the same time I'd not want to sentence them to certain death if someone here knows better than to put them out when nights are dipping below freezing. I do have some christmas lights as well that I could hang under the hoop tunnel as well.

Thanks for any feedback,

Rob

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here