Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynngee_gw

Tomatoes and stinkbugs

lynngee
13 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help. Last summer those nasty asian stinkbugs invaded my gorgeous tomatoes. They were everywhere...on my wild grapes, mulberry...all over the place! I even saw them on my red maple! They are everywhere in my area (Buena/Folsom). Does anyone know of a way to get rid of them without cutting down everything that grows OR poisoning my property (that's especially out of the question with pets, grands and a lake in my backyard). I read about the awful stinkbugs but the suggestions were to cut down EVERYTHING around your house and not grow foods they eat (fruit/tomatoes etc). I would have moved to a city if that's how I wanted to live! Can anyone help??? These stinkbugs are way out of control and I want to plant tomatoes without providing a feast for these horrible creatures. I heard a certain wasp, that DOES live here in the US, lays eggs on their eggs and eats them but I'm not sure which wasp is was. I should have saved the website that told about it but I didn't. With spring nearing, I'm freaking out about not growing tomatoes.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio