Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mulch in Ocean County area

Posted by royy NJ 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 20:26

I am looking for a good mulch in the Ocean County area. I used A.C. Hesse last season and thought it had too many big wood chips. I would like a more shreaded mulch. Any one know of a good place to get a nice shredded mulch in Ocean County?

Thanks,
Roy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mulch in Ocean County area

I go to the Township ahredder
place here in Jackson Township. You can have all you want for nothing.

o

I have been to the Ocean county recycling center in Lakewood, but they do not have dyed mulch. I need black to match the rest of the mulch I already have down. Any one know of any good finely shredded mulch in the OCean County area?

Roy

o

Roy, right down the road from Hesse on route 9 is the commercial Ocean County Recycling site where they have black and orange dyed wood mulch. They also have triple shredded root mulch, the finest you will get. Back to the dyed stuff, It's mostly from building demolition, pallets etc. so the consistancy might be the same as what you got from Hesse, The only other suggestion would be to check out various garden centers for the bagged stuff, but again you will pay a premium price and not be guranteed to get a fine product.
John

o

I never noticed the dyed mulches at the Lakewood site. I usually go there for the compost. Good stuff. Where are the dyed mulches located? I don't remember seeing them by the compost bins.

Roy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here