Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cut flower question

Posted by flowerchick 6 NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 05 at 0:28

Hi all, I'm trying to pull together some flowers in vases for a friend's bridal shower. Any suggestions where to get cut flowers reasonably priced? A further problem: The bride likes sunflowers. TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cut flower question

On each trip to the supermarket, I notice that they sell bunches of cut flowers priced @ 3 bunches for $10.00 and are very pretty. I do not usually buy cut flowers from the nurseries, usually plants, shrubs and trees.

Perhaps someone else has some thoughts....

Vicki

o

I tend to buy myself cut flowers all the time. Especially once i find a good florist and toward the beginning of spring where i just die to see flowers, before you know it my kitchen and computer room is full of flowers. LOL I've bought those flowers the bunches for 3 for $10 and they usually last me two weeks sometimes three.

where are you from?

o
RE: P.S. cut flower question

oh and forgot my message to flowerchick

Where are you from? What other types of flowers does the bride-to-be enjoy? I must say you are yet another sign that i am meant for florida. When I think of Orchids I think of home - Hawaii. I also hear that Florida has my a flower that is very dear to my heart Plumeria...did you grow any of those while in florida?

o

Hi Hawaii, I'm actually from South Jersey, now living in North Jersey. Florida was basically a three-year detour. :) I did grow a couple of plumerias down there -- one was always sickly and died, the other I gave away before we moved. I figured it would never do well up here. The palm tree is suffering as it is.

You probably would like Florida, because it did feel somewhat similar to Hawaii -- we honeymooned on Kauai and loved it! But personally and professionally, FL wasn't working out for us.

As far as I know, the bride-to-be mainly likes sunflowers. I was figuring on one or two of those per vase, then filling it out with whatever other flowers were handy. Any supermarkets/stores better than others? I was planning on checking out Trader Joe's tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here