Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rutgers' Plants Sale

Posted by ellenr z6 NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 11, 06 at 14:19

Anybody know the date?
I did a search and found this [see link below] for a garden expo and plant sale in Bridgewater, which looks interesting, but I think that is something different, as the one I am thinking of always happens on Cook/Douglass campus. I didn't find it on the Cook website either.
If anyone knows, of when you know, please post.

thanks,
ellenr

Here is a link that might be useful: Annual expo and plant sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rutgers' Plants Sale

well, I did more searching and found Ag-Field Day April 29, 2006. Of course with my brains coming loose from my head I can't remember is it Ag-Field Day when RU sells the wonderful tomatoes, herbs, and others?
I think so.
well time will tell.
[can you tell I am excited to push the season?]

ellenr

o

Look at that! While you were posting this, I was up in Sussex County lapping up the Springfest Flower & Garden Show - and one of the exhibitors was Rutgers! Let me dig
through the mountains of literature that I picked up today
and hopefully I'll be back with an answer for you later. . .

Carl

o

There seem to be two different Cook College events at
Rutgers this Spring; the first does have "some" plant
sales, while the second is definitely sales oriented.

April 29 - Ag-Field Day

May 13, 14 - Annual Spring Flower Fair

Any more details and I'll throw them here!

Carl

o

Last year I went to Ag-Field Day thinking it was the plant sale. Lots of animals and exhibitors but very few plants. There was some greenhouse stuff - got a bouvardia and a fuchsia for the hummingbirds. Not inexpensive either - those of you who have been to the plant sale, how are the prices?

Will definitely mark May 13-14 on the calendar. Thanks, Carl.

o

Don't go looking for bargains but the selection is very nice, something for most everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here