Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Privacy Screenig

Posted by cilvento z7/NJ (chris@billboardco.com) on
Sun, Mar 13, 05 at 18:05

I am trying to find out what to plant for privacy screening. I live in Oceanport, NJ, the ground is wet. I want year round screening from my neighbors, height @ 12'-18' and instantly, if possible. I would like something tall and slender since my property is not too large(100'X100'), to my back fence from the house @ 30'. There will be direct sun. I have a well for watering. There is a 6' fence @ my property. Need help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Privacy Screenig

The atlantic white cedar is native to your area and the red cedar grows quickly. I know very little about Thuja 'Green Giant' that is on sale and advertised heavily. The others I mentioned can grow in wet soil.

o

Ilex glabra and Illicium floridanum tolerate wet soil, but are not as tall as what you want. Magnolia virginiana 'Henry Hicks' should work.

o

Thuja Green Giant(Arborvatie) ~ great fast growing shrub & terrific fragrance!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here