Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
datdog

Someone have a warm greenhouse I can borrow?*small vent*

Datdog
17 years ago

That is until the temps hit the 80's and stay that way? I'm sick of snow and cold weather! I'm sick of dressing like I live in the artic! I want HEAT I don't do cold...... I miss my plants! I miss relaxing on my patio with a nice glass of wine- currently all I do out there is whine. Anyone else sick of the cold?

Post some of your favorite summer pictures to help move the last of winter on.

Kristi

{{gwi:474638}}

Comments (14)

• birdgardner
    17 years ago

My rice paper plant is starting to leaf out in the garage - I suppose it's time to water things in there.

Isn't it great to see the sun so high in the sky at 6pm?

• steve_nj
    17 years ago

Nice yard and patio pics! I've had enough of winter too! Here's Melody's Neomarica flowering-a bit blurry.

Melody's African Violets

RE: Someone have a warm greenhouse I can borrow?*small vent*

what is this?

I like that Neomarica. Too bad it isn't hardy but that is what irises are for.
    What beautiful pictures! My yard was a mess last year as my next door neighbor got an addition. Hopefully this year will be better. I have so many plans but because I want to do an addition, it seems for naught. What will I do with these plants when it happens? I have a few foliage shots handy from another post I participated in.

{{gwi:240773}}

RE: Someone have a warm greenhouse I can borrow?*small vent*

clip this post email this post what is this?
    see most clipped and recent clippings

I am sick, sick, sick of cold weather too, and all I can say is thank goodness for last years pictures too. I keep threatening to build a dome over my entire yard so I can just garden year round!

HAPPY SPRING!!!

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

I like that Neomarica. Too bad it isn't hardy but that is what irises are for.
    What beautiful pictures! My yard was a mess last year as my next door neighbor got an addition. Hopefully this year will be better. I have so many plans but because I want to do an addition, it seems for naught. What will I do with these plants when it happens? I have a few foliage shots handy from another post I participated in.

{{gwi:240773}}

• roses4ever
    17 years ago

I am sick, sick, sick of cold weather too, and all I can say is thank goodness for last years pictures too. I keep threatening to build a dome over my entire yard so I can just garden year round!

HAPPY SPRING!!!

• steve_nj
    17 years ago

Nice Roses! Daphne odora flowering now. Fragrant! This one is about 3'high.
    {{gwi:1059403}}

Edgeworthia papyrifera flowering now.
    {{gwi:2103080}}

Camellia buds opening. This one will have variable 'candycane' flowers.
    {{gwi:2103081}}

Trachycarpus & Sabal louisiana at Grounds for Sculpture(yesterday).
    {{gwi:2103082}}

Trachycarpus at Grounds for Sculpture.
    {{gwi:2103083}}

• Datdog
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Love all the pictures! Keep them coming.

Steve, has Melody's orchids bloomed yet? I'm so glad you got a digital camera. Now you can photograph your stunning gardens for all of us to see.

loretta- Your plant choice seems to echo mine! Too bad we are not neighbors. :) *love your begonia's*

roses4ever- I'm in AWE! I can't grow rose to save my life. Where are you in NJ? Do you have the sandy soil? Can I visit you during the rose blooming season LOL- I'm serious. I'd love to figure out what I'm doing wrong when it comes to roses.

• roses4ever
    17 years ago

I'm actually in the Pennsauken/Merchantville area, and yes I do have sandy soil, so I am constantly adding compost, etc. to it. I would love for you to come by when the roses really get started. I have people that just throw on their brakes and back up to look, people that make sure they include my block for their daily walks and they are always welcome to stop in a take a look. I love sharing it with people!

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

Party at roses4ever's house! ; ) Now whatever happened to Steve Scanniello? Sure, he invites us to prune his roses on Easter weekend last year, of all weekends, and then disappears.
    I've noticed a phrase coined around some of these forums "the pot ghetto" - don't know when that started because I haven't been hopping around here but (getting to the point) I have what I will now call a "rose ghetto", lots of roses waiting to be trained, sprayed or something! Roses4ever, yours look great and might get me off my b*tt to do something about mine.
    Datdog, I think I might have posted this already but I did manage to find an escargot this year. Doesn't look anything like yours yet.
    Steve, have you noticed Phytolacca americana "Melody" at Seneca Hill?

• steve_nj
    17 years ago

Melody has Cymbidiums flowering. I have a C. goerengii in a stone wall; it needs more light than it's getting. The variegated Pokeweed comes fairly true(with variability) from seed as long as no crossing with green foliaged plants occurs. There are always plenty of seedlings popping up here.

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

But the cultivar is "Melody"...just thought it would be cute.

Escargot is flowering now.

• birdgardner
    17 years ago

Loretta, I really like that coleus combination. Is the little leafed plant baby's tears and what is the needle-y thing with it? The scale is a little tricky.

Roses4ever, are you sure you don't live in
    England? That is the most gorgeous cottage garden.

• MLcom
    17 years ago

What lovely gardens! I grow mostly tomatos, shaking my head at the lovely plants every one has. Got the brown thumb on roses it seems. The best part of winter is NO BUGS. So I keep reminding my self as we inch towards soem nice weather.

ML

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

No bugs you say? I took this picture last week. Not a very good one but you get the point.

Birdgardner,
    The coleus are three seedlings from an unlabeled coleus that looks like Solar Shadow. They looked better later on. The needles to the left is Rhinegold arborvitae, the needles to the right is a broome - Madame Butterfly, The green flower below is a Euphorbia that spreads a bit but I just pull it out because I like the green flowers. The strappy leaves are allium tuberosum and there is some euonymous crawling around. The rose is Opening Night which is in its fourth spot in my yard. I think it is finally almost happy. Anyway, it blooms again.

• roses4ever
    17 years ago

Trust me, I'm right in NJ, but thanks for the compliment. My roses are really starting to look happy, just planted 6 new ones yesterday. I planted 2 Molineaux, 2 Crown Princess Margareta, 1 Generous Gardener and 1 Mary Rose.

HHRD!!!