Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy salvia in NJ

Posted by ellenr z6 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 05 at 10:54

I posted this in the Salvia forum too:

Hi folks,
Can anyone recommend a place where I can find Salvia in NJ?
I know about Well-Sweep, but am looking for a closer place. I live in central NJ near New Brunswick, Middlesex County.

There are a lot of nurseries along Rt 130, but, from last year, I never found one that sold Salvia - just the usual kind of stuff I don't want.

As far as what Salvia I'm looking for -I'm not particular. If I could find Mexican and Peruvian Sage that would be wonderful, but any variety would be welcome.

Thanks,
ellenr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy salvia in NJ

Miele's greenhouse in Clark usually carries several different colors.

o

Run a search for "Wellsweep", they may be near you.

o

How far are you from New Hope, PA. Kaufell Gardens always had a few salvias. I've bought mexican from them and other tender types in previous years. They should be opening this weekend or next. Beautiful ride. Not far away from Peddlars Village. I have been finding salvias among the 3" herb pots in more and more places though.
For me, the mexican sage - Salvia leucantha bloomed way too late. Once it was too late and I didn't see anything and the next time I tried, it just started blooming when the frost came. I may have had better luck if I tried to overwinter it but I have given up for now.

o

I can bring S. guaranitica, S. uliginosa, and others to the swap.

o

Pope's Gardens in Waterford Works, N.J.

They're on the web.
www.popesgardens.com
Over 800 types of perennials.
Also, annuals.
Well worth the trip.

o

Hi, saw this was from awhile ago, but the thread still ranks high on google so I thought I'd contribute an update for folks looking where they can get a lovely young salvia plant in the NJ area now in 2010.

Popes Gardens is still a great place with sales every once in awhile if you can make it out there at the right time.

Also with the internet revolution there are tons of places to find salvia plants online and have them shipped right to your doorstep.

Here is a link that might be useful: Where To Buy Salvia

o

Come to my site you can find the best salvia ever. Miley sirus video also available. www.xtremeracingneeds.com

Direct salvia buy http://www.salviadragon.com/cmd.php?af=1285807

Here is a link that might be useful: Alfredo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here