Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy Mulch in NJ

Posted by ldtc 7NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 05 at 14:55

I am new to the forum, and would like to know where I can buy colored cedar mulch by the truckload, and have it delivered? I have a very large area to cover and the small bags of this mulch are so expensive. Does anyone have a suggestion? I live in Monmouth County

Thanks Much,
Bette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy Mulch in NJ

• Posted by elke 6b (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 05 at 13:00

try jersey gravel and sand, located on route 34 near allaire airport. (that's wall or farmingdale, not sure which.
i order my ICBIN there -- mulch so like Right Dress that the letters stand for I Can't Believe It's Not...

o

My county Municipal Utilities Authority, and there is probably one for every county, offers colored and uncolored mulch at extremely competitive prices. In their price list they say they will deliver, at extra cost, but I always haul my own. Cannot believe the average garden or stone center can compete, pricewise. Call your county clerk.

o

Thomas Farrell in Shrewsbury.
Ryser's in Little Silver.
Capelli's in Middletown.
Dearborn Farms in Holmdel.
Brock Farms in Colts Neck and Freehold.

o

1-800-89-MULCH. delivered by the truckload. Order by the cubic yard. Prices are reasonable and quality has always been good. Check them out at www.mulchsupply.com

o

There is a stone and mulch merchant in Long Branch NJ
located next to the railroad tracks and next to Richard's deli, the name of the business is John Guire Co and they have a large selection and will deliver to your home. Prices are very reasonable and mulch is sold by the square yard. Hope this helps

o

If you have a lot of leaves on your property, I have someone who will come and shred your leaves and spread them on your plants. He has a machine that does a good job. The shredded leaves will break down faster that a cedar mulch, but that has an up side too. It will fertilize your plants faster too. You have to have a lot of leaves to make this worthwhile. If you want his # email me at freedee56@aol.com say re:Chino in the subject line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here