Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good nurseries near Jackson?

Posted by birdgardner NJ/ 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 05 at 18:37

I'm going down to Rare Find next weekend for some native azaleas. What else is worth visiting while I'm there?

I'm looking for blueberries, natives, salvias and ferns, and price is most definitely a consideration.

Thanks.

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good nurseries near Jackson?

I just went to Cicconi Farms today. 1005 Farmingdale Road, Jackson NJ. The print catalog helps because then you know what to ask is where or in which greenhouse. They have quart size plants for $2.65. They had several Salvia nemerosa varieties and a few others. I did see various 1-gallon ferns. And several natives including Asimina triloba.
Lots of bigger foliage plants: ligularias, rodgersias, and acanthus.

I plan to go back but hopefully the kid will be in better humor than today. I think I saw some bananas.

I wish I was going to Rare Find... :-)

Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: Cicconi Farms

o

Did you go?
Sheila

o

And if you buy TWELVE of the quart-size plants at Cicconi
Farms, you pay the "flat" price of $27.00 - that's just
$2.25 per plant. I've been stocking up from these folks
for years (both for clients and myself) and their quality
is excellent; now that they've transformed themselves into
a full-fledged retail operation, their range has expanded
exponentially.

o

I'm going back soon since the boy is feeling better. Try wheeling one of those wagon carts around the greenhouses with a 40+ pounds of whining, running nose, projectile snot flying, complaining kid laying in it. No room for plants.
No, I wouldn't torture a sick child. I'm a better mom than that. It was allergies.

Sheila

o

On Rte 527 is I&G Farms. They have all sorts of flowers, shrubs, hanging plants and vegetables. There is another on Grawtown Rd. but the name escapes me.

BetsyBr, Jackson native.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here