Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmargaritaville

Peters Professional

njmargaritaville
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I just came across your site a few days ago and I must say, I am hooked!! This is my first post, I have "lurked" the past few days and have found many informative posts. As you can guess by my name, I am into tropical, or tropicalesque plants. I try to make my backyard a bit of a tropical retreat. I currently have 2 Windmill Palms, 3 Musa Basjoo ( one already growing,her pups are too), 5 dwarf bananas, elephant ears and cannas!! All of this is in a bed that is about 60 ft long and varies from 3-6 feet.

well, to get to the point, I read several posts metioning Peters Professional in the 20-10-20. I would really love to pick some up! My problems is, the local Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart and a few nursieries DO NOT carry Peters.

Does anyone know of a place that stocks Peters? I am even willing to order it on line....I dont really care, I would just like to get some, or something comprable soon!

All of your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

Comments (8)

• steve_nj
    15 years ago

Miracle Gro will work also. The plant swap day on May 4th will include visits to public plantings of maturing palms.

• njmargaritaville
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Steve. Thanks for your quick response. I used Miracle Gro last year. The the basic 1lb packeges that you pour into the attachment for the hose. It worked. I was looking to try Peters this year because of the 20-10-20 with the micro nutrients. In addition, I read great reviews about it here on GardenWeb! So, if anyone knows where to pick some up, i would really appreciate it!! Thanks again.

• bogey123
    15 years ago

You won't find it at the big box stores, where are you located?

I have found this at higher end nurseries and specialty growers.

• njmargaritaville
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Bogey. I am in Manahawkin, near Long beach island. Its funny that you said the big box stores wouldnt have it.......the middle of this week, I called the company that makes it and the customer service rep directed me to those stores. upon asking if I could give her my zip code or location to search for dealers, she said their computers didnt offer that. She then directed me to , " home depot, lowes, Wal-Mart or any store like that" Seemed kind of strange to me!!

• bogey123
    15 years ago

Thats odd, I have never seen the big box places carry Peters. May I suggest taking out your yellow pages and using the phone or email to make some inquiries of local garden centers?

• njmargaritaville
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yep, sounded odd to me as well, but again that is what the rep from Spectrum told me ( it is no longer made by, or owned by Scotts)> again, thank for the suggestion, but I did try the local nurseries.......thats why I was asking here!!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    15 years ago

A Google search will get you vendors who sell the product. Usually in 25# bags along with the associated BIG $$$$ for shipping.

The tech sheet says "lower trace elements". I am not sure what micronutrients you are looking for, but if you examine the many fertilizers available at the local stores, I'll bet you'll find something comparable. Even if it is marked "for roses" or "for aliens" that doesn't mean that it cannot be used as a general purpose fertilizer. That is, if you need all of those elements. Only a soil test can tell you for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peters Professional 20-10-20 Tech Sheet PDF

• sunnfarm3
    15 years ago

Matt contact Griffin greenhouse supply. They have three warehouses in NJ. Peters in 25lb bags sell from 20-25 bucks often they have certain blends on sale... Bob.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors