Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugar_magnolia_gw

Anyone know Aucuba?

sugar_magnolia
18 years ago

I am thinking of getting this plant. Does anyone have it? If so, what do you think about it? Does anyone know a good source?

Comments (4)

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

Gold Dust? You will see this one for sale locally. My brother had one but I think they cut it down. It was as tall as his ranch house in West Long Branch, probably z7. Looks tropical, doesn't it?

• sugar_magnolia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Actually, I'd be happy with just about any of the gold varieties. I saw a bunch at HD for only $14.95 and when I went back to get her they were completely gone. I took a ride to Lowe's but they weren't carrying them. I was really po'd because they were nice sized plants. Now I am going to have to pay more from a nursery.

I see fairweather has Golden King but I cannot find out any info on it. After going through lots of sites using Google, I was able to determine it is z7b and wonder why Fairweather is selling this.

• msbumble
    18 years ago

They were everywhere when I lived in North Carolina, but I can't say I've come across one up here. It's been quite a few years though - maybe they've come up with new varieties that can take the cold. Did the label say anything about winter protection? MsBumble

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

Did you try another Home Depot? Don't give up yet. They may get more in.
    Fairweather is in zone 7 and they have a lot of clients who are further South. Don't forget they mail order most of the year.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County