Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any plant sales in central NJ?

Posted by ellenr 7A NJ (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 7:57

I might have missed the ones I usually go to - I know Rutgers Day is over - what about - there are 2 that generally come after Rutgers Day -
one at Rutgers Gardens,
and one at the Middlesex County Extension Division

I might have missed these too. :(

thanks for any info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any plant sales in central NJ?

The one at Rutger's Gardens is always Mother's Day Weekend. Here is the info. I don't know anything about the Middlesex County Extension Division, but would love to find out if anyone else knows.

http://ruevents.rutgers.edu/events/displayEvent.html?eventId=77949

o
RE: any plant sales in central NJ?

There seems to be 2 participants in Rutgers Day Plant Sale: the Rutgers Master Gardeners of Middlesex County (who held their own follow-up plant sale on 5/3 at the 4-H Center in East Brunswick) and Rutgers Gardens who have their own Spring Flower Fair (they call it "The Ultimate Plant Sale") today (5/8/14) for Members Only from 3 -7:30 PM; Fri. 5/9/14 from 10 AM - 5 PM, Sat. 5/10/14 from 9:30 to 4 PM and Sun. 5/11/14 to 3 PM. This is at the Rutgers Gardens, at the Log Cabin in the gardens, 112 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick.Their sale always takes place on Mother's Day weekend. Their website (http://rutgersgardens.rutgers.edu/directions.html) advises: "Please note that if you are using either a GPS or on line mapping service the directions may be wrong if you use our Ryders Lane address. Please use Log Cabin Road, New Brunswick as the address."

The Rutgers Master Gardeners of Monmouth County have a plant sale at the Monmouth County agricultural building, 4000 Kozloski Road, Freehold Township, May 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and May 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., rain or shine.

I believe the Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown has their Spring Perennial Plant Swap in April, and a fall one, as well. They are part of the Monmouth County Park System, at 152 Red Hill Rd. You bring a plant and get to swap for an equal-sized plant.

This post was edited by wannaknow1 on Thu, May 8, 14 at 13:39

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here