Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rugosa Blanc Double de Coubert

Posted by cat4554 Z6NJ (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 05 at 9:10

I live in NJ and saw Rugosa Blanc Double de Coubert at Colonial Park, Somerset County. I loved it, mostly for it's fragrance. Where could I purchase this in Central NJ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rugosa Blanc Double de Coubert

Thank you for trying to help me all those that emailed me ...I went to Cicconi Farms and bought a Rugosa Alba. They didn't have Blanc Double de Coubert. I was told to try garden centers along the Jersey Shore. Can anyone recommend a few? I also bought my Hostas at Cicconi - WOW - what an assortment. Great place.

o

I picked up 2 double blancs at The Farm at Green Village over in Morris County near Chatham. I have grown this rose in other gardens and its wonderful

o

I saw BDdC at Kaufell gardens in Doylestown, PA this weekend along with an interesting collection of several other unusual rugosas at $17.00 each. That would be a few miles from Peddlers Village not too far off 202. They were all fragrant.

o

thank you so much for asking the question - I was just about to ask the same, good job I checked. Took the advise of bogey123, thank you, and now have the roses I have been looking for since I moved here 3 years ago. They are so fragrant and hardy I don't quite understand why they are not readily available everywhere - another of lifes little mysteries.

o

Its around. Check the bag roses in March. I think I picked mine up at Cost Cutters a few years ago for $3 bucks. Mine is in full bloom on the North side of my house and is perfuming the sideyard but its never produced any hips.

o

Glad it worked out for you, my double blancs that I got there 3 wks ago are in bloom and are doing very nicely!!

o

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this discussion other than the fact that the only roses I have ever purchased have been rugosas - one pink, one fuscia - and I simply love the fragrance. I ignore them until they begin to block the path to the field when I cut them back and they continue to do wonderfully well.

Again - oh, the fragrance!

There was an interesting article by Ken Druse in the NY Times last Thursday on flowers and fragrance and how fragrance had been bred out of flowers but is coming back. I find that I grow only flowers that have fragrance, which I'll take over form, color, fashion, whatever any day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here