Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (9)

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

Wow, your season is definitely ahead of mine. Thanks for the show. Love William Shakespeare! Do you spray your roses? Your foliage is so healthy. Mine is already showing blackspot and have many little caterpillars skeletizing the leaves.

• rustygatefarm
    17 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! No chance for weeds to grow anywhere - it seems!

Are your foxgloves perennial? I am trying to find foxglove (any color but pale yellow) that will survive more than one season. I am in zone 6.
    Janet

• roses4ever
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Loretta I do spray, but I have to admit I start out really faithful in the beginning of the season and get a little lax later on.

Janet, some of my foxglove are considered perennials, but I seldom get more than 2 years out of them. I always start lots of foxglove from seed in late winter so I will hopefully have some carry over the following year. Don't be fooled, there are weeds, you just can't see them!

• mprats
    17 years ago

I love your roses! Could you add the name of each rose under the photograph? Or at least tell me the name of that apricot rose? Is it Pat Austin? Thanks!

• roses4ever
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Roses in order of pics:

#2 - Bowbells
    #3 - Bowbells
    #6 - Mme Pierre Oger
    #7 - Pat Austin
    #8 - Katy Road Pink
    #9 - William Shakespeare 2000
    #10 - Teasing Georgia
    #11 - Pat Austin
    #13 - Othello
    #14 - Mme Ernest Calvat
    #15 - L.D. Braithwaite
    #16 - L.D. Braithwaite
    #17 - Iceberg

• lisacdm
    17 years ago

You're killing me :)
    I wish my garden could look a 1/4 as good as your's does.

• mprats
    17 years ago

Thank you for posting the names! I was considering getting Pat Austin because I have Charles Austin and I love its orange color, and I felt that I needed another orange rose in the garden. After seeing your pictures, I will definitely get it!

• fmart322
    17 years ago

Allright! your garden kicks ass! I want pointers and you live right around the block from me. Don't hold out on me now! :)
    Seriously, that's a great set of pics and hopefully my yard will look as good as yours.

I got my first 2 roses this weekend, Elle and popcorn. I hope they do as good as your someday.

Keep up the great work.

• roses4ever
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks fmart322! Now that's my kind of compliment! LOL! Pointers, hmmmm, you know I just work at it. I'm lucky with my soil, excellent drainage, sometimes the drainage is too good. I'm constantly amending my soil with compost, leaves in the fall, etc. I use Osmocote, my favorite! Lots of water as needed - which seems to be all the time! Happy gardening!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville