Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need rain

Posted by njtea NJ Z6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 4, 06 at 10:13

We need rain again and there's none in sight for the next 10 days according to the Weather Channel. NOAA has changed its climate prediction maps to show above average temps and below average rainfall through the 17th!

The springs on my hillside have dried up already and where there's no coverage, my soil (or what passes for soil) is already cracked.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need rain

• Posted by mprats z6NJ Plainfield (My Page) on
    Thu, May 4, 06 at 16:26

I feel your pain... That's why I'm setting up a drip irrigation system in my flower beds this year. Last summer was terrible for many plants, even natives.

o

Same here. I don't remember having to water this much so early. I have lots of soaker hoses and they are a huge help for my roses. But we really need the rain.

o

Your prayers have been answered my friend

o

Lol! That's funny. You should have known that it would start pouring just in time to ball up your roses! Does it every year it seems.

o

"Your prayers have been answered my friend"

Yes, they have and I am very thankful. Now, if the wind stays away after this series of storms we should be o.k. for a while. I want everything, don't I?

o

Can I say I told you so? Roses at the height of bloom, pelted to the ground - why do I bother with roses?

o

Alright! Enough already with the rain!;)

o

"Alright! Enough already with the rain!;)"

C'mon, you know you can never get enough rain this time of year. When the summer get's going you'll be begging for rain. ;)

o

Loretta, 'cause the roses get big and full and lush whe they have a lot of yummy rain.

Yep, gimmie the rain (with a couple of days to dry off in between showers), better, much better, than drought.

o

I'd rather have a lot of rain before and after but not during prime time.

o

Loretta, I'm with you. I want lots of rain while the roses as actively growing and loading up with blooms, then lots of rain after the have finished their first flush and are resting and loading up for their next flush!

Not asking too much is it? It also beat the heck out of my roses this weekend too. I spent all day Sunday cleaning up roses!!! I'd rather be just enjoying them right now, instead I have tons of blooms and petals all over the ground!!! :(

Oh well, we have to take the bad with the good sometimes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here