Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yourpal_gw

Come to the BEST Plant Sale!!

yourpal
16 years ago

Maplewood Garden Club's 70th Annual Plant Sale begins Thursday, May 10, and continues through Saturday, May 12, at the Maplewood Pool Parking Lot, Boyden Avenue (off Springfield Avenue in Maplewood).

Large selections of plants will be available--annuals, trees, shrubs, boxwoods, tropicals, perennials, vegetables, fruits, hanging baskets, dish gardens, container plants, and member-grown plants. Knowledgeable members will be available for expert garden/planting/selection advice.

Hours:

Thursday: 12:00 P.M.-8 P.M.

Friday: 8:00 A.M.-8 P.M.

Saturday: 8 A.M.-4 P.M.

Comments (7)

• JArnold
    16 years ago

This is an awesome sale. I don't live in Essex County but if I did, I would join the Maplewood Garden Club!

• loris
    16 years ago

Does anybody know how this sale is in terms of plants native to NJ?

Thanks. -- Lori

• yourpal
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey jarnold,
    We have non-Essex-county members. We even have non-NJ members! So, come to a meeting and check us out. Talk to some of the workers at the plant sale; they can hook you up with an application. We have lots of great speakers (meeting is first Monday of each month) @ 7:30 in the M'wood Memorial Library, and LOTS of fun events.

Hey Lori, there is a nice selection of "woodland plants". There isn't a specific native-to-NJ section, but the perennials are sectioned this way:

Sun
    Part Sun
    Shade
    Woodland

Just COME to the sale. It is enormous!!!! I GUARANTEE that you will find MANY things that you like. If you have questions, the members KNOW THEIR STUFF. Look for someone in a green shirt with the MGC maple leaf logo. They're not hard to spot.

• loris
    16 years ago

It's fine if the natives are mixed in with the other plants, as long as they're there. I'm hoping I'll be able to drop by.

Thanks -- Lori

• sweetpea22
    16 years ago

Sounds like a great sale. I'm making over landscape in both front and back yards after a new hardscape was installed last summer. Even though our property is small, it can get pretty pricey. How are the prices at this sale?

• yourpal
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sweetie, of course I'm prejudice, but I believe that you will find all the prices to overall be significantly less than what you are used to paying typically.

And here's the thing... we have a "Member Grown" section, which is the "go-to" section for bargains. Members pot up extra materials from their yard so you can get hostas and daylilies and stuff that has great success growing and spreading in Maplewood, and the prices are like a dollar or two or three. Phenomenal.

You will not be disappointed. From wherever you live, it is worth the trip. The sale starts at noon on Thursday and there is a line 50-100 people deep.

It is very well laid out and the plant material is in excellent condition. You simply MUST come!

• sharon_s
    16 years ago

I have to echo yourpal (we must know each other!), the sale is looking really good. See you tomorrow, I'll be wearing my MGC hat.

Sharon S.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting